Kallgren Dermatology Clinic is committed to helping our patients get and maintain the healthiest skin that is possible for them. If you have a chronic skin condition or are aging, you’ll know that you have to work with what you’ve got. This doesn’t mean that you can’t make what you’ve got better!
We have confidence that the products we carry are helpful to many people with different skin types.
- One product we carry proudly is the CeraVe line.
- We carry CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion and Cream, and CeraVe Renewing Lotion.
- We know that is a great product line, designed to replenish your skin and keep it young looking.
- The secret to the greatness of CeraVe is that it contains ceramides.
- Ceramides are what is known as a bioactive lipid.
- This means that they are a fatty cell that has a job to do in our bodies.
- Ceramides are present in cell membranes of the barrier layer of our skin.
A Job to Do!
- The job that ceramides do is regulating the water content of cells in the barrier layer of our skin.
- This barrier layer acts as protection from environmental factors such as germs pollution and physical stress.
- The scientific name of this layer of skin is the stratum corneum.
- As you get older your body functions break down slowly, one little thing at a time.
- The cumulative effect is the aging process.
- The loss of ceramides on one of the dominos of the aging process. As you lose ceramides, your skin no longer effectively regulates the water in your skin and so it becomes less hydrated, dry, and eventually saggy.
- Postpone this as long as you can with the use of ceramides.
Call today to see what else we can do to help improve your skin.