If you are looking for a doctor of dermatology in Boulder, be sure to consider Kallgren Dermatology Clinic. We are staffed by the most highly trained dermatologists with years of experience.
Living in Colorado means living closer to the sun than most people in the United States. If this is your first winter in the Rocky Mountains or you are a rare native, sun damage in the winter is a real thing and you need to protect your skin from the intense UV damage that can occur at high altitude. Here are some tips to help you protect your skin.
Use Broad Spectrum Sunscreen
- You need to be protected from both UVA and UVB rays of the sun.
- UVA rays are the rays that go deep into the skin and cause damage to collagen and skin cells at a DNA level. This damage causes wrinkles, hyperpigmentation (age spots) and loss of elasticity.
- UVB rays are what cause your skin to redden or tan and are also a cause of skin cancer.
- Only a broad spectrum sunscreen such as EltaMD can do this do what?.
Practice Good Daily Habits
- Wear sunscreen every day. One way to do this is to use a moisturizer with sunscreen in it.
- Avoid extended exposure to the sun between the hours of 10 and 3.
Get a Yearly Check
- Dermatologists like Kallgren Dermatology Clinic can perform a skin cancer check. You should get one on a yearly basis.
Take care of your skin and call Kallgren Dermatology Clinic at (303) 444-8100 for an appointment for a yearly skin check.