Kallgren Dermatology Clinic in Boulder is staffed by highly trained doctors of dermatology who are sensitive to the effects that aging has on our skin. As we get older, our appearance starts to change even though our youthful attitudes remain unchanged. There are steps we can take to slow down and even reverse the signs of aging. One of these steps is to replenish ceramides, the production of which decreases as we age. CeraVe products contain ceramides that help you regain a youthful appearance. Here are some some common questions about ceramides. and the answers.
What are ceramides?
- Ceramides are bioactive lipid cells found in the binding layer of our skin.
- They are found in the cell membranes.
- Bioactive cells are cells that have a job to do in the functioning of the human body.
What do ceramides do?
- Ceramides are ‘programmed’ to regulate the water content of cells in the stratum corneum layer of the skin.
- This layer of the skin functions as a barrier layer, protecting the deeper layers of skin from chemicals, infection, and dehydration.
Why CeraVe SA?
- CeraVa SA Renewing Lotion contains ceramides and is specially formulated for dry, rough skin.
- The ceramides in this product moisturize dry skin at a deep level.
- The salicylic acid helps eliminate dry, rough bumpy skin.
The CeraVe SA secret!
- The secret to the greatness of CeraVe is the Multivesicular Emulsion (MVE®).
- This is a fancy way of saying that the ceramides are in tiny time-release form.This means that you have ceramides being released into your skin all day long.
Kallgren Dermatology is proud to carry CeraVe products because we know first hand how they can reduce dry skin and keep skin looking young. Call (303) 444-8100 today for an appointment.