Kallgren Dermatology Clinic in Boulder is staffed by some of the area’s most highly qualified dermatologists. We treat common skin disorders as well as having an interest in helping men and women ‘of a certain age’ ease into the aging process. To this end we offer Botox, Photodynamic Therapy, and chemical peels. We also sell products that help slow the aging process.
A chemical peel is a procedure where a mild acid is applied to the surface of the skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. There are three levels of chemical peel. Each uses a different chemical, goes to a different depth, and can be used for different purposes.
- Alpha-hydroxy acid is used for exfoliation.
- Improves the look of the skin, reduces discoloration and removes rough skin.
- Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is used for a deeper peel to remove damaged skin cells.
- Removes freckles, age spots, wrinkles and some skin discoloration.
- Can be used to remove actinic keratoses- precancerous skin growths.
- Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used to reach the middle layers of skin to remove moderately deep lines, age spots, freckles and shallow scars.
- This can be done just once.
What can a chemical peel be used for?
- Acne scars
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Age spots
- Rough skin and scaly patches
- Crow’s feet
- Sun damaged skin
- Sagging skin
- Discoloration (melasma) due to pregnancy or use of birth control pills.
If you are interested in a chemical peel, call 303.444.8100 for an appointment for a consultation.