When the signs of inevitable aging are beginning to get under your skin because you don’t feel the age your face is beginning to reveal, it can be a moment of indecision. It may also time to talk to your dermatologist about what non-invasive procedures can be done to minimize the wrinkles which insist on deepening despite your youthful outlook. Botox is one such non-surgical procedure that can help slow the signs of aging. We’ve all seen celebrities who have overdone this procedure, but you don’t have to go that far, just one or two injection a year can do the trick. We have put together a small list of interesting facts about Botox to ponder while you decide if Botox is right for you.
- The effects last three to four months
- It was first used for cosmetic reasons in 1986
- It was approved for cosmetic use in 2002
- In 2005, there were 3.3 million injections in the US alone.
- Botox can be helpful for migraines.
- It can be used for excessive sweating
- It is used to treat a wide variety of disorders, from depression to psoriasis.
- Botox was first used in 1971 to help treat Strabismus, an eye disorder.
- It is used to treat depression because the facial expressions you make send signals to the brain and by stopping the transmission of negative signals (from frowns) your brain chemistry can be affected, and your depression symptoms can be lessened.
To talk to one of our highly-trained dermatologists, call (303) 444-8100 and discuss if Botox is right for you.