Kallgren Dermatology in Boulder performs many procedures including Juvéderm for cosmetic purposes. There comes a time in every person’s life when the image in the mirror becomes less familiar, almost a stranger. Your face no longer reflects how you feel about yourself. For women, this can be a harsh reality. There could be volumes written about the sociological implications of your culture’s obsession with youth, but things change when it is your own face that is staring back at your from the mirror. Wanting to look your best is no failure of feminism or a sign of a changing ego, quite the contrary; it’s taking charge of your life and your appearance. That is the definition of empowerment.
Taking Control With Hyaluronic Acid
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in your skin.
- It is the key molecule involved in keeping the skin moist and youthful.
- As you age, the production of Hyaluronic acid decreases.
- Juvederm replenishes the Hyaluronic acid in your skin.
Where Can I Have It Injected?
- The nasolabial folds are a common area for Juvederm to be used. These folds are the deep lines that run from the side of the nose to the corners of the mouth.
- The lines that run from the corners of the mouth downward are also a common area for Juvederm to be injected.
- Wrinkles under the eyes are also treated with Juvederm.
Erasing some wrinkles on your face can be an empowering experience. If you are not liking the image you have looking back at you from the mirror, call 303.444.1800 for a consultation and talk to one of our dermatologists to see if Juvederm is right for you.