Kallgren Dermatology in Boulder is staffed by some of the most highly trained dermatologists in the area, but their pride comes providing the best, individualized service to each and every patient. Whether you have a skin disorder that you’ve struggled with for decades, need a yearly skin check or are thinking about taking action to slow the signs of aging, we can help you.
We know that living in Boulder synonymous with living an active lifestyle and that is a great thing, as long as you take care of your skin. There are some basic things to do to protect yourself against skin cancer caused by sun exposure.
Protect your Skin
- Wear broad spectrum barrier-type sunscreen. EltaMD Sunscreens provide UVA and UVB protection for your skin.
- Wear hats and protective clothing that have a UV factor. These may cost a bit more, but the health of your skin is worth it. Having just a few items that you can rely on through the year will help protect your skin.
Get Yearly Skin Checks
- The dermatologist will use special magnifying glasses to visually check your entire body.
- Your doctor should check everywhere, including between toes, palms of hands, and bottoms of feet.
- Take this opportunity to ask your dermatologist about any spots or discolorations on your skin.
- If they find any pre-cancerous spots, called actinic keratoses, you can expect them to be removed with cryosurgery (freezing them off with liquid nitrogen) during that same visit.
If you need to schedule your yearly skin check, call Kallgren Dermatology at 303.444.8100 or use our online scheduling tool here.