Kallgren Dermatology clinic in Boulder is your local dermatologist who can help you achieve rejuvenated, younger looking skin for the New Year. We offer several procedures that can give you younger looking skin quickly and with no surgery. We’ll review a few of those procedures today.
- With a series of simple, well placed injections, lines and wrinkles on your face are greatly diminished.
- The results last about 3-4 months.
- Juvederm is an injection of Hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring molecule in the skin that diminishes as you age.
- Injections return the amount of Hyaluronic Acid to the level that was present when you were younger.
- It is commonly used in deeper wrinkles of the nasolabial fold from next to the nose, to the corners of the mouth.
- A chemical peel removes the top layers of skin and with it fine lines.
- The skin is left softer and smoother.
- Chemical peels come in several levels of depth, each with its own level of line removal and smoothness as a result.
- A chemical peel can be used for acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles, age spots, crow’s feet, sun damaged skin, sagging skin, rough skin and scaly patches
Sclerotherapy for spider veins
- Spider veins are tiny blue veins that, while harmless, can be unsightly on legs or on your During sclerotherapy, a solution is injected into the vein.
- The solution causes the vein to scar and collapse.
- Within a few weeks, the vein disappears as it is reabsorbed into the body.
- There can be some bruising at the site of the injection, but this goes away in a normal amount of time.
- This procedure is done on an outpatient basis with the patient going home that same day.
- Patients should wear compression stockings for one to three weeks after the procedure.
If you have unsightly varicose or spider veins on your legs, call 303.444.8100 for a consultation and see if we can help you with sclerotherapy.