Kallgren Dermatology in Boulder is staffed by highly skilled dermatologists who care about your skin and your general well-being. We take pride in providing personal service and attention to all of our patients. One thing we are always concerned with is how much sun our patients are getting. We highly recommend the use of Elta MD sunscreens to protect yourself and your loved ones from the harmful rays of the sun.
High Altitude Sun
- A recent article by the Academy of Dermatology of America suggests that the UV factors that high altitude residents are exposed to can be up to 60% higher than the residence of sea level areas.
- For example, if you get a sunburn after of 25 minutes of noontime exposure in New York or 14 minutes in Orlando, it would be only 6 minutes until you burned in Vail, CO.
- The importance of remembering that “sun damage is cumulative” cannot be understated.
- Your skin damage does not repair itself just because your tan has faded.
- You carry the sun damage from each year with you.
- Elta MD Sunscreen is a broad spectrum sunscreen, meaning it protects against both UVA and UVB rays.
- UVA rays cause tanning and freckles and are the main culprit in skin cancer.
- UVB rays cause your skin to turn red and also cause skin cancer.
- This sunscreen is a barrier sunscreen meaning there are no chemical reactions going on in or on your skin.
If you would like to talk about the health of your skin and get a yearly skin cancer screening, call Kallgren Dermatology Clinic at 303.444.1800