When you live in Colorado, you know you live somewhere amazing and whether you were lucky enough to be born and raised here, or you got here as soon as you could there is something special about living here. We have the altitude and the attitude that makes live great.
Rocky Mountain Living
- Here on the Front Range, we have the great weather.
- Some days we get real mountain weather and other days we get weather that moves in from the plains.
- Sure we get snow, enough to slow us down, just enough for us to grab our snowshoes and cross country skis!
- What we get plenty of is sunshine! Here in Boulder, we get an average of 245 sunny days a year, that’s more than 40 days more than the average American gets.
- Maybe that’s what gives us our laidback attitudes!
- This sunshine is great, but you need to be aware that it also creates an increased risk of sun damage to your skin, including skin cancer.
- We are Kallgren Dermatology Clinic in Boulder and will be sharing some tips about keeping your skin safe and protected even at 5,430 feet above sea level!
Sun Smart Tips
Limit your exposure.
- The sun is most intense between 10 and 4. Try to get out before or after these hours.
- Wear a UV long sleeve shirt and a wide-brimmed hat when you are out in the sun.
Drink Lots of Water
- Replenishing your body’s water will help keep your skin healthy for a long time.
- Wear sunscreen every day- winter and summer.
- Sun damage is cumulative, so even winter sun adds to the damage.
- Try a moisturizer with broad spectrum protection for daily use.
- You should have your skin checked yearly for growths that could be cancerous.
- Don’t wait until you spot something suspicious.
- Your dermatologist is trained to find spots early.
Call today to get an appointment for a yearly check!