When you are you looking for a dermatologist in Boulder you will undoubtedly come across the name Kallgren Dermatology Clinic. We are staffed by some of the most highly trained and dedicated doctors of dermatology in the area.
One procedure we perform is sclerotherapy for varicose and spider veins.
- Varicose veins are the swollen veins that twist and turn just under the surface of the skin.
- Varicose veins are caused by a faulty valve in the leg.
- Production of elastin and an increase in blood volume during pregnancy can increase the likelihood of varicose veins.
- Being overweight increases the chances of you developing varicose veins.
- Sitting or standing in one place for long periods contributes to the formation of varicose veins.
- 70 to 80 % of patients treated for varicose veins are women.
- Spider Veins are small blue veins
- Sclerotherapy can treat both varicose and spider veins.
- During sclerotherapy, a solution is injected into the vein.
- The solution causes the vein to scar and collapse.
- Within a few week, the vein disappears as it is reabsorbed into the body.
- There can be some bruising at the site of the injection, but this goes away in a normal amount of time.
- This procedure is done on an outpatient basis with the patient going home that same day.
- Patients should wear compression stockings for one to three weeks after the procedure.
If you have unsightly varicose or spider veins on your legs, call 303.444.8100 for a consultation and see if we can help you with sclerotherapy.