Kallgren Dermatology Clinic in Boulder is your local dermatologist who treats of skin disorders as well as caring for your daily care of your skin. We carry several lines of skin products to help you keep your skin healthy and looking young. One of these is EltaMd sunscreen. These high-quality sunscreens provide barrier protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- Take some anti-inflammatory medicine. Ibuprofen, when taken with food is a good choice to help calm your inflamed skin.
- Don’t pick! When your skin peels or blisters, it can be tempting to pick at the loose skin or the little bubbles of blisters but it is better to resist temptation and leave your skin alone to heal. If you have blisters it means you have a second-degree burn and the blisters are natures’ bandaids. Blisters protect your skin from infection. The skin under the blister is raw and need protection and nothing is better than your skin’s own defenses.
- Watch out for heat stroke. You can get a sunburn without getting heat stroke or heat exhaustion and you can get heat stroke or heat exhaustion without getting a sunburn, but it’s good to keep heat stroke in mind just in case.
- The symptoms of heat exhaustion are headache, dizziness and nausea, cramping in limbs or abdomen, profuse sweating with pale and clammy skin, and rapid, weak breathing and pulse.
- Symptoms of heat stroke, according to travel doctor.com, are headache, dizziness, confusion and restlessness, hot flushed dry skin due to failure of sweating mechanism, a full pounding pulse, body temperature above 104 degrees, and a rapid decline is level of response.
We will continue this blog series next week, so be sure to check back and in the meantime don’t hesitate to call us for an appointment or request an appointment online.