Kallgren Dermatology Clinic in Boulder knows you love your active lifestyle and that you also value the health of your skin. We carry a number of products that protect your skin from the damaging effects of the sun. We recommend EltaMD broad spectrum sunscreen and this blog will explain why.
- The good news is that you don’t have to sacrifice the health of your skin to your lifestyle; you can enjoy both.
- By using a broad spectrum sunscreen you can spend longer periods of time in the sun without damaging your skin.
Why broad spectrum?
- A broad spectrum sunscreen like EltaM‘s UV Sport SPF 50 protects against both UVA and UVB rays.
- Only by protecting your skin against both types of rays is your skin fully protected from the damaging rays of the sun.
What is the difference between UVA and UVB rays?
- UVA rays penetrate deeply into the skin and cause damage to collagen and skin cells. This cellular damage is the root cause of wrinkles, hyperpigmentation (liver spots) and the loss of elasticity.
- UVB rays activate the creation of pigment causing your skin to sunburn or tan. Most importantly, UVB rays cause skin cancer.
Why EltaMD sunscreen?
- EltaMD broad spectrum sunscreens provide protection from both UVA and UVB rays by creating a physical barrier between your skin and the rays of the sun.
- The UVA and UVB rays are effectively scattered as the sunscreen acts as a mirror and keeps them from penetrating your skin.
Kallgren Dermatology carries EltaMD broad spectrum sunscreens that protect your skin from the damaging rays of the sun. Call (303) 444-8100 today for an appointment.