Kallgren Dermatology serves the Boulder area providing help for common skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis.
One very important service we offer is yearly skin checks for skin cancer. Along with an exam we recommend sunscreen to our patients. We recommend our patients use EltaMd sunscreen. The answer to the question ‘Why Elta MD Sunscreen?” is easy. It’s simply the best way of protecting your skin. Here are some of the reasons it is the best sunscreen, in our opinions.
Broad Spectrum Coverage
- Dermatologists agree that you need protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- A broad spectrum sunscreen protects your skin from both types of rays.
- UVA rays are the ultraviolet long wave rays of the sun.
- These rays are responsible for tanning and or freckling of the skin.
- These rays are the main culprit in skin cancer through.
- Tanning booths emit these rays so if you use tanning booths with regularity you are 2.5 times more likely to develop squamous cell carcinoma.
- These rays CAN go through windows.
- UVB rays are the ultraviolet short wave rays of the sun.
- These are the rays that cause your skin to turn red and to burn.
- They play a major role in the development of skin cancer.
- They can NOT go through glass
Be sure to use a broad spectrum sunscreen, a good hat and sun shirt and stay out of the sun during peak hours. And remember, sun damage cumulative, you don’t get a clean slate when your tan fades.
Call Kallgren Dermatology at 303.444.8100 for your yearly skin check.