Kallgren Dermatology in Boulder regularly sees both men and women of all ages to treat common skin conditions, and has a strong record of helping both people minimize the visible signs of aging. We offer Botox and Juvederm, bother very popular and successful methods of regaining a youthful appearance.
If you are considering trying Botox for the first time you may have some questions. This blog will attempt to answer some of those questions for you.
Does it hurt?
- The needle that is used to inject Botox is very small, so while yes, it will hurt a little bit, it won’t hurt a lot, and the pain is short lived.
How long will it last?
- Botox usually lasts between three and four months.
Will I get a Hollywood “frozen face”? I don’t want that!
- No. The effect that you’ve seen on some unfortunate celebrities is from a bad application.
- Maybe they didn’t go to a qualified dermatologist, or maybe they insisted on more Botox that was necessary. Some people even try to do it themselves, and that doesn’t work out too well in most cases.
How does it work?
- Botox blocks the nerve signals to the muscles into which it is injected. This slows the movement of the muscle.
- Without repeated movement from the muscles, the skin above the stilled muscle smooths out and the fine lines fade.
If you are considering Botox, call Kallgren Dermatology for a consultation appointment so we can answer any additional questions and discuss your particular desires.